Listen to the message:
Second Baptist Church
Ray Merritt, Pastor
Order of Worship for First Day, September 28
Welcome and Announcements
Call to Worship
Hymn: “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing,” p. 2
Old Testament Reading: Leviticus 23:23-44 The Fall Festivals of the Lord
Choir Anthem: “Great Is the Lord”
Praises and Prayer Requests
Hymn: “O God, Our Help in Ages Past,” p. 52
Sermon: “I will make a way in the wilderness.” Isaiah 43:19
Closing Song: “Rejoice in the Lord, Always,” p.489
Focus Person of the Month:
September….. John & Dottie Blackman
PO Box 235
60 High Street
Edmeston, NY 13335
This week I will pray for:
- Mission prayer focus: The Long family with ABC missions in Mexicali
- John and Susan Arnold Hawes, deployed to Cuba and Afghanistan
Today September 28
9:45 a.m. Sunday School
11:00 a.m. Worship Service
5:30 p.m. Zero Gravity
Monday September 29
6:00 p.m. Meeting w/Rev. Hugenot
Wednesday October 1
10:00 a.m. Bible study @ West Hill Terrace
Thursday October 2
6:15 p.m. Official Board
7:00 p.m. Choir
Sunday October 5
9:45 a.m. Sunday School
11:00 a.m. Worship Service w/communion
5:30 Zero Gravity
- This month’s Jingle Jangle offering will support missionaries Tim and Patti Long serving in Mexicali.
- Zero Gravity youth group meets tonight at the Burlington Flats Baptist Church from 5:30 until 8:00.
- Rev Hugenot has requested an open meeting for
September 29th at 6:00 p.m. to inform us about the process used to select an interim minister. The meeting is open to all who are interested in this process.
- If you have any books, CDs, DVDs etc. you may have borrowed from the Merritts, now is the time to return them.
- The Board of Trustees announces a congregational meeting to be held on October 5th following the worship service. The purpose of the meeting is to elect a Search Committee of seven members and two alternates who will investigate and recommend a candidate for our next pastor.
- The Merritts are in the thick of moving and would be glad for any help during the month of October. Ginny has prepared a calendar for people to sign up in one-hour slots (not more than two people per day) for packing, moving boxes or cleaning. If you’re available and willing, please sign up. Also – if it’s possible for you to take a truck load of items any time during the month, that would also be a great help. Thanks in advance.